CMGT410 Project Planning and Implementation
Week 3 Supporting Activity Discussion
DQ1 1. What are the processes and key outputs of cost management?
2. Within cost estimating, what are the different estimating types?
3. What are some approaches used when budgeting?
4. What is the difference between cost/benefit analysis and break-even analysis?
DQ2 1. What is the difference between crashing and fast tracking a project’s schedule?
2. Why should the project manager ensure that the project resources are leveled?
3. Why should assumptions used in estimating be documented?
4. What is a baseline plan?
DQ3 1. Why should a project manager be concerned with monitoring a project’s progress?
2. What is the purpose of a project communication plan? What kinds of things should this plan address?
3. What is quality?
4. What is the relationship between standards and metrics?
5. What is the purpose of change control?
6. How can a company protect data on corporate laptops? Why do more organizations choose not to protect such data? Do you expect this to become a legal requirement in the future? Explain why you think so.