Comparative Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
Assessment Task – Tutorial Questions
Unit Code: HC2121
Unit Name: Comparative Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
Assignment: Tutorial Questions – Part 2
Due: 11:30pm 19th June 2020
Weighting: Total Mark 50, Converted to 25%
Purpose: This assignment is designed to assess your level of knowledge of the key topics
covered in this unit
Unit Learning Outcomes Assessed:
1. Distinguish the difference between personal and business ethics in organisation
2. Ability to identify stakeholders role in business ethics, define social responsibility, explore the role of corporate governance in structuring ethics and social responsibility in business
3. Compare and contrast diverse approaches to ethical decision making
4. Evaluate the implications of the legal pressure for ethical behaviour in organisations
5. Examine ethical issues as they relate to basic values and the challenge of determining an ethical issues in business
6. Understand how moral philosophies and values influence individual and group ethical decision making in business
8. Ability to build an effective ethics program and analyse how these programs may be affected by global issues, leadership and sustainability issues
Description: Each week students were provided with three tutorial questions of varying degrees of difficulty. These tutorial questions are available in the Tutorial Folder for each week on Blackboard. The Interactive Tutorials are designed to assist students with the process, skills and knowledge to answer the provided tutorial questions. Your task is to answer a selection of tutorial questions for weeks 7 to 11 inclusive and submit these answers in a single document.
It is important when you answers the questions, you do not just copy and paste the answers from other sources, but rather, try to paraphrase it and provide reference (in- text referencing) to your answers. As a minimum for each question, you are required to write in between 100-
The questions to be answered are:
Week 7 Question Two (10 marks)
What is white collar crime and why has it become such a widespread problem?
Week 8 Question Three (10 marks)
How do societal expectations affect corporations and their ethical initiatives? Give an example of a company that had to alter a product or service because of society’s concerns about its health, moral, or social impacts.
Week 9 Question Two (10 marks)
What are the major features of a successful ethics training program and communication systems? Provide at least with 1 (one) example of a company with strong employee ethics training.
Question Three (10 marks)
Describe the six-step process of conducting an ethics audit in detail.
Week 11 Question Two (10 marks)
How can differences in two countries' cultures create ethical issues in business? Provide at least with 1 (one) example to support your answers
Academic honesty is highly valued at Holmes Institute. Students must always submit work that represents their original words or ideas. If any words or ideas used in a class posting or assignment submission do not represent the student’s original words or ideas, the student must cite all relevant sources and make clear the extent to which such sources were used. Written assignments that include material similar to course reading materials or other sources should include a citation including source, author, and page number.
In addition, written assignments that are similar or identical to those of another student in the class is also a violation of the Holmes Institute’s Academic Conduct and Integrity Policy. The consequence for a violation of this policy can incur a range of penalties varying from a 50%
All assessments will be automatically submitted to Safe-Assign to assess their originality.
Further Information: For further information and additional learning resources, students should refer to their
Discussion Board for the unit.