Select a marginalized group (veterans, minorities, individuals with disabilities, etc.) and write a paper of 1,750 to 2,100 words that can be used as a resource when working with an individual from the selected group.
Use scholarly resources to support your use of a specific career theory as well as interventions with this population.
The paper should include the following:
- An explanation of who the population is and why it is important for this group to receive career counseling.
- Statistics on the group (e.g., how large, how many have employment problems, how many utilize career counseling).
- Discussion of career counseling theory to be used with the group (e.g., Minnesota theory of work adjustment). Include evidence supporting the use of this theory in the general population as well as within the group. Please note: If none are available, it is important to indicate that as well.
- Basic plan for counseling utilizing chosen theory (e.g., interview, use of assessment tools, explanation of theory).
- Environmental/personal barriers that may prevent the client from finding work (e.g., disability, substance use history, felony, transportation, limited computer access).
- Local resources available to help the client obtain work (e.g., job center, training programs, support groups).
- Based on the information listed above, provide some recommendations with regard to your plan to include your opinion on whether this plan is tenable and if you think if it can work.
- A minimum of four scholarly references.
Please include a reference page.