An import series of our course competencies deal with the difference between the various types of historical documents and artifacts and to interpret them within the general framework of our study and then again in light of a specific historical event.
These course competencies are:
- Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of the major historical events for each particular era discussed.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the general socio-political climate for each period considered.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to exhibit knowledge of each era’s underlying themes and assumptions.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to confront other historical interpretations.
- Gain knowledge of historiography.
The museum assignment requires you to visit a museum and compare that visit against the following criteria.